Trout in the Classroom (TIC) is an environmental education program in which students
- raise trout from eggs to fry.
- monitor tank water quality.
- engage in stream habitat study.
- learn to appreciate water resources.
- begin to foster a conservation ethic.
- grow to understand ecosystems.
TIC has interdisciplinary applications in science, social studies, mathematics, language arts, fine arts, and physical education and can be customized to suit individual classroom’s needs.
Nebraska Trout In The Classroom is funded by a number of generous supporters.
The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, Fisheries Division supplies all trout, trout eggs, and trout feed to support the program. Special thanks to the Production Section for its assistance.
Trout Unlimited, Nebraska Chapter No. 710, provides supplementary funds for equipment.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Sport Fish Restoration Program provides funds for aquatic education.